!! Bahujan Hitaya ! Bahujan Sukhaya !!
Recepient of ‘Ideal Educational Institution Award’ of the Maharashtra State
Estd. 1920 Regd.
No. KOP F 26
Shri Prince Shivaji Maratha Boarding House, Kolhapur
1061, A ward, Shivaji Peth, Kolhapur 416012 (Maharashtra )
Phone : (0231) 2623824
Founded by the Late Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu in memory of his beloved Prince Shivaji on 1st July, 1920 for the educational development of the masses.
Memorandum of Association
Functions of Institution
- To spread education in all sections of society.
- To provide technical and academic education to boys and girls from primary to college level.
- To provide facilities such as education, lodging and boarding free of charges or at concessional rates.
- To sanction loan scholarships to present and past students of the Institution for their higher education.
- To inculcate self-reliance, self-respect and social service in students.
- To strive to develop patriotism, love for countrymen, love for science and technology as well as good, civic and social qualities in students.
- To promote awareness among students regarding national integration, democracy, social development, co-operative system, agro industries and social work.
- To provide special educational facilities to backward classes and promote social equality.
- To strive to eradicate untouchability.
- To remove casteism and other various evil differences in society.
In accordance with its aims and objectives, the Institution carries out the following functions :-
Salient Features of Institution
- To establish and run boarding houses for students.
- To establish and run sister educational institutions.
- To grant loan scholarships and loans.
- To carry out other allied functions.
- To plan various schemes and implement them.
- To cultivate 20 acres of agricultural land at Hanbarwadi Tal. Karveer for raising revenue.
1) Transparency in all monetary transactions. Payments only by crossed
2) Recruitment through committees set up as per Government/ University rules.
3) Admissions to various faculties only on the basis of merit.
4) The institution strives for the upliftment of the masses.
5) Training centres for competitive exams through sister concerns.
Hostels of Institution
1) Boys’ Hostel, Shivaji Peth, Kolhapur Capacity : 100 boys
2) Chh. Rajaram Boys’ Hostel, 51 Thana,
Mangalwar Peth, Kolhapur Capacity : 150 boys
3) Three independent Ladies’ Hostels Capacity : 280 girls
Features of Hostels
1) Lodging and boarding facilities at concessional rates.
2) 20-25 freeships to poor and deserving boys and girls staying in hostels.
3) Personal attention and discipline.
4) Solar system for hot water for girls’ hostels.
5) Independent security system.
Educational Branches of Institution
1. Maharashtra High School and Junior College, Kolhapur.
Estd : 13th june, 1960
Phone : (0231) 2626982
1) The only multi-purpose school in Kolhapur District imparting academic, technical, agriculture, higher secondary, five minimum competency vocational courses and computer education.
2) Two three and four storeyed buildings.Independent buildings for technical and vocational courses.
3) Well-equipped laboratories, library with more than 20,000/- books, spacious playground, gymnastic hall and abundant sports materials.
4) Experienced, expert and devoted teachers.
5) Ten teachers recipient of National, State and district awards.
6) Ten merit holders in the S.S.C. Exam.
7) Novodaya Vidyalaya Admission Training Centre.
8) Best results of scholarship, maths and N.T.S . exams.
9) First, Second or third rank in State Football, Handball and Basketball
Championships and selection of a number of players at the national level
in football, basketball, handball, gymnastics, wrestling, swimming, judo etc.
10) Scholarships to many players by the Sports Authority of India (SAI)
11) Selection of many sports persons for International tournaments.
12) Monetary help to many poor and deserving students under the late Savitribai
Phule and Mahatma Phule Student Adoption Schemes.
2. The New College, Kolhapur
Phone (0231) 2621187
Quality College’ affiliated to Shivaji University imparting degree courses in Arts, Commerce, Science, Computer Science and Business Administration.
2) Junior College with Arts, Commerce, Science and Technical faculties and MCVC in Electronics.
3) Competitive Exams training centre, CET training centre.
4) Imposing buildings, Library with more than 20,000 books, study room facility.
5) Experienced and expert teaching staff.
6) A large number of merit holders in University/Board merit lists. Many recipients of various scholarships
7) Glorious achievement in Football, Handball, Athletics and other games. 5 students recipients of State Shiv Chhatrapati Awards.
8) Hundreds of former students rendering invaluable service in various fields.
9) A number of prizes in Shivaji University Youth Festivals.
10) NAAC B+ ***** Accreditation.
11) Career oriented courses granted by UGC.
12) Special attention to personality development.
13) Provision of Campus Interviews
14) Canteen facility
3) Dewale Vidyalaya and Junior College Dewale
Tal. Panhala Dist. Kolhapur
Estd. 1976 Phone : (02328) 266059
1) Located at the foot of the historic Panhala fort in the economically backward area.
2) Imposing two-storeyed building, enclosed spacious ground and ample sports materials.
3) Junior College with Arts and Commerce faculties.
4) Merit holders in the H.S.C. exam.
4) New Polytechbnic, Unchgaon
Tal. Karveer Dist. Kolhapur
Estd : 1983 Phone : 2615168, 2615487
The following courses are conducted.
1) Diploma in Automobile Engineering 120 Seats
2) Diploma in Construction Technology 60 Seats
3) Diploma in Industrial Electronics ` 60 Seats
4) Diploma in Mechanical Engineering 60 Seats
5) Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication 60 Seats
1) Well-equipped laboratories and workshops, spacious and well-furnished class-rooms
2) A number of engineers passed out from this Polytechnic working in various fields.
3) Provision of industrial visits.
4) Vocational guidance
5) Experienced, expert lecturers
6) Spacious playground
7) Canteen facility
8) Provision for testing cement concrete block.
5) College of Architecture, Kolhapur.
Estd : 1984 Phone: ( 0231) 2620431, 2620914
One of the most renowned colleges of architecture in India having A grade
1) B.Arch ( 5 years) degree course
2) M.Arch ( 2 years) post- graduation course
3) Spacious lecture halls and studies
4) Library, modern, well-equipped computer lab with 40 computers, audio-visual section with modern equipments, multi-purpose hall.
5) Well-known and experienced architects as lecturers.
6) Presentation of cultural activities in Shivaji University youth festivals and recipient of many prizes, organization of music and cultural programmes.
7) A number of trophies and prizes in NASA competitions.
6) New Prathamik Vidyalaya, Kolhapur
Estd : 1985 Phone : (0231) 2628169
1) Imposing, four storeyed, well-furnished building.
2) Special English and Music teachers.
3) Glorious achievements in School Board Scholarship exams.
4) Successful organization of various competitions, cultural activities and excursions.
5) Excellent remarks at Annual Inspection.
6) Free medical check-up of students
7) Uniforms to poor and deserving students free of charge.
8) Girls’ High School, Kolhapur
Estd: 1991 Phon : 2624105
Founded considering the significance of women’s education
1) Imposing and well-furnished building with well equipped laboratory and
2) Winner of Clean and Beautiful School Award.
3) Winner of Maharashtra Cadet Corps Parade Competition.
4) Organization of various cultural activities and excursions.
5) Prizes in various competitions.
6) Uniforms to poor girls free of charge.
7) Free computer education.
9) New Madhyamik Vidyalaya, Unchgaon
Tal : Karveer Dist : Kolhapur
Estd : 2000 Phone : 2615168
Located at Shantinagar – Unchgoan imparting education to the students coming from poor, nomadic tribes and economically backward communities.
1) Imposing building with spacious playground.
2) Computer education free of charge.
3) Personal attention and guidance.
4) Night Study-room facility.
10) Prince Shivaji English Medium School, Kolhapur.
Estd : 2008 Phone : 2628169
1) Imposing, four storeyed, well-furnished building
2) Quality education.
3) Personal attention and guidance
4) Experienced teachers
5) Ample sports materials and toys.